- Open a new message. On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
- On the E-mail Signature tab, click New.
- Type a name for the signature, and then click OK.
- In the Edit signature box, type the text that you want to include in the signature.
- To format the text, select the text, and then use the style and formatting buttons to select the options that you want.
- To add elements besides text, click where you want the element to appear, and then do any of the following:
|To add an electronic business card||Click Business Card, and then click a contact in the Filed As list. Then click OK|
|To add a hyperlink||Click Insert Hyperlink, type in the information or browse to a hyperlink, click to select it, and then click OK|
|To add a picture||Click Picture, browse to a picture, click to select it, and then click OK. Common image file formats for pictures include .bmp, .gif, .jpg, and .png.|
- To finish creating the signature, click OK.
Note The signature that you just created or modified won’t appear in the open message; it must be inserted into the message.
Add a signature to messages
Signatures can be added automatically to all outgoing messages, or you can choose which messages include a signature.
Note Each message can contain only one signature.
Insert a signature automatically
- On the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click Signatures.
- Under Choose default signature, in the E-mail account list, click an email account with which you want to associate the signature.
- In the New messages list, select the signature that you want to include.
- If you want a signature to be included when you reply to or forward messages, in the Replies/forwards list, select the signature. Otherwise, click (none).
Insert a signature manually
- In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then click the signature that you want.
Tip To remove a signature from an open message, select the signature in the message body, and then press DELETE.