Using the Provided Distribution Lists
To email a group of people defined by Waiuku College
- On the homepage of Microsoft Outlook, Click New Email.
- Compose the email that you wish to send. (It’s a good idea to compose and proof an email before choosing recipients to avoid mistakes.)
- Click To… and double click a distribution list from the address list like you would any other contact. Remember to be as specific as you can with your selection. If you are sending an email relevant only to art staff, you would choose ‘Department – Arts’ from the address list.
- Repeat this as necessary for all recipients.
- Click OK.
- Send the Email.
Creating your own distribution list
Create the List
Information from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284292
- On the Home Page, click Address Book to open your Address Book.
- Click the list below Address Book, and then select Contacts.
- On the File menu, click New Entry.
- Under Select the entry type, click New Contact Group.
- Under Put this Entry, click In The Contacts. This selection determines where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
- Click OK. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this point, you can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list, as outlined in the following section.
Add Contacts to Your New Distribution List
- In the Name box, type the name of your new contact group.
- Click the Select Members button to add members from any of your Address Book entries or Contacts.
- Click Save And Close to save the new distribution list.
- The name of the distribution list appears bold as compared to the other entries in the contact folder. In table views, the distribution list name appears in the Fill Name field. You can view the members of the list by opening the entry.